Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Immortals

Rated R Action

I saw this movie because of my boyfriend. The same people that made this also made 300, and I do love that movie, but this was definitely a "because Kevin wants to" type of thing. That being said, I was happily surprised!

Immortals follows Thesius, an awesome, poor fighter.

A long long time ago, the Gods got into a HUGE fight with the Titans, and well, the Gods won. So they put the Titans in this box with bars in their mouths for the rest of eternity. The box can only be opened using the bow and arrow. Well Mickey Rourke aka- awesome villain with a crazy name that I forgot, decides he wants to rule the world and get rid of the Gods because he doesn't worship them. So he's going to find the arrow and set the Titans free so they can beat the Gods. So he looks everywhere for the arrow and comes across Thesius' little town and kills everyone, including his mom, right in front of him. He ends up getting captured, then running away with the Virgin Oracle (she can see the future) and they have to stop Rourke from letting the Titans loose. Meanwhile, the Gods are watching this and starting to freak out. Zeus reminds them that they cannot interfere with the humans and help him. If they do, he'll kill them. Crazy fight scene, followed by crazy fight scene and you get a pretty awesome movie.

I wish so badly that we had seen this in 3D. I don't think there were a huge amount of scenes where things would have actually come out at us, but the graphics were so cool, I think it would have made the movie look even better. My boyfriend hasn't stopped raving about this movie, and I find myself thinking about it too. If you love action and mythology, then this is definitely a movie you should check out.

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment