Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our Idiot Brother

Rated R. 90 min. Comedy/Drama

I. Love. Paul. Rudd.
There. I said it. He is fabulous, I have loved him since Clueless all those years ago. I love every line that he says in every movie that he has ever been in. He's a hottie, hes hilarious, and he can act, what more can you ask from a guy?? Again, this was a movie I REALLY wanted to see in theaters, but was unable to because of the boyfriend. 

'Brother' is about Ned. Ned is the nicest, most trusting and loving guy you've ever met. He wants to make everyone happy and he's honest. A CLOTHED police officer asked him for weed and yes, he bought it and yes, he went to jail. But thats just his nature! Like he says, he thinks people are honestly good and if you give them the chance to prove that to you, hopefully more often than not, they'll impress you. He says whats on his mind. He observes people, he is simple. Unfortunately, his observations and trusting personality get him into trouble. He lets people know things that were told to him in confidence. It all ends well and his family realizes that the reasons he was driving them crazy are the reasons they love him the most. 

It really was a sweet story, and something I needed to see at the time. I too like to think there is good in everyone and that people want to do the right thing. I don't believe in keeping secrets, but being honest. Ned is someone we all can learn from. 

God that sounded like the end of a high school English paper...

No comments:

Post a Comment