Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Cell

Rated R Thriller

Kevin has been telling me to watch this movie for a while now, and we finally did last night. Its not exactly scary, but it is definitely creepy as hell! As we were watching I kept thinking, out loud, how I was going to have some pretty messed up dreams afterwards. Luckily I didn't.

So here's what its about. JLo is kind of a therapist. The kind of therapy she does is prety neat though. She has been working with this kid that is in a coma and theres this crazy machine thing that lets mind enter his mind. The thought is that she can bring him out of the coma using this method. Well Vincent D' Onofrio is this serial killer, this schizo that kills women and makes them look like dolls. Vince Vaughn is a detective, they find Carl, the killer, but he had a stroke of some kind and is now in a coma. They need to get in his brain to find out where his latest victim is, there were no witnesses and he is the only person that knows where she is.

Turns out going in a schizos' mind is freakin trippy!!! Yuck! It freaked me out. The movie was done really well though otherwise it would have looked terrible. They have some really neat shots and camera work. It freaked me out pretty bad haha The story is fairly interesting, but you do really have to pay attention otherwise youll get lost.

I think Vaughn is a terrible choice for a detective, but this was one of his earlier movies, and JLo wasn't a bad choice either, it was before she became a terrible actress. Overall I enjoyed it and I'm glad we watched it. Man, just thinking back, that dudes head was tooooo weird! Freaking me out, even now!

I'd probably give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment